Monday, October 16, 2006

Off the Path

I have fallen hard this week, metaphorically speaking, as I have been off the bike for 8 days. This is the longest I have been off since knee surgery in January where I equalled that total.

I almost feel the fitness being sucked out of my body as the fat cells begin multiplying. I was away on business last week where I was unable to ride and I also came down with a nasty bug. I gained 4 pounds in 5 days and the fact that it's fall doesn't help because my appetite hasn't slowed commensurate with my activity levels.

I hope to get back on the routine tomorrow with my daily commute to and from work. That and today is the first day of the off-season weight training routine. I'll have to go embarass myself on the pull-up bar. It's always fun watching people watch me as I try to pull off just one of those.

No comments: